Other PicoMicroYacht

Monday 26 October 2015

When I'm 74


The Beatles song:

'When I get older, losing my hair, many years from now ... will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm sixty-four?'

I ponder now whether PicoMicroYacht will be still out there, shall I say, not 64 but 74?

A cousin is still rowing competitively, having started nearly 60 years ago. The photo below is him winning on that famous old rowing course on the Thames, at aged 71 years, so it is possible.


Sean Morris winning the Henley Masters 70 - 74 years old competition. 

Over ninety years ago another relative was winning on the same course, and Gallaher's cigarettes decided to cash in, perhaps reducing longevity for others.


According to Geoffrey Page, in his book 'Hear the Boat Sing: A history of Thames Rowing Club and Tidway Rowing,' it was a tough one. 



No comments:

Post a Comment