Other PicoMicroYacht

Saturday 21 July 2012

Vancouver workout


In the last few days I have been working in Vancouver. My hotel had a gym, so I was up training at 5.00 am in the morning, which isn’t so hard because this is 1.00 pm UK time. They didn’t have a rowing machine, so I took the next best option, a cross country skiing simulator. Grim faced people joined me for their work out. The best bit was a huge breakfast in the hotel after the workout, reading the Globe and Mail.





There wasn’t time to look round Vancouver, but one morning, instead of the gym, I ran round Stanley Park. On the way, I ran passed Vancouver Rowing Club, looking rather wistfully at the boats as I passed by – what a lovely place to row, with the mountains in the distance and the view of the city skyscrapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment